Assistant Bar Manager
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
We are currently searching for Assistant Bar Managers to join our team. Potential candidates must have at five years of experience beverage-related experience in a high-volume four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
Reports to: Bar Manager
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports and supervises the performance of head bartenders, sommeliers, and bar staff, while managing the Bar Department alongside the Bar Manager and assisting in daily operation of entire bar operation shipboard and on outer islands.
- Maintains control of consumption of beverage supplies, maintainence, and beverage stocks and ordering.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems and equipment in order to ensure systems are properly maintained and report malfunctions.
- Familiar with accounting procedures, time and attendance procedures, and has knowledge of ship's standard operation to ensure compliance and guest total satisfaction.
- Identifies expense reductions, analyzes operational issues and attends training, meetings and work-related activities.
- Responsible to perform in accordance with Celebrity Cruises' Pillars of Safety, Service and Style
- Minimum of five years beverage-related experience
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency
- Ability to analyze reports and documents related to the position
- Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
- Must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving drills, safety activities and training