Assistant Director of HR - Abu Dhabi
Full job details
Assistant Director of HR
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi. The first St Regis hotel in Middle-East is now open. The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort’s air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with over 1073 properties in 100 countries and operates in addition to the St Regis the Luxury Collection, W, Westin, Le Méridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft and Element brands.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort is located at the tip of the Saadiyat Island, a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi. St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
The resort features 377 guestrooms, all with private terraces with panoramic views of the turquoise Arabian Gulf. The 3000 square metre Regal Ballroom is designed for the grandest gatherings while additional 4 meeting rooms support the ballroom.
Culinary excellence comes in the form of 55&5TH, a classic new York style grill and lounge restaurant that carries as it’s name the very first St Regis hotel’s New York address. OLEA, with 178 covers and Mediterranean cuisine, is the hotels main restaurant with both indoor and alfresco dining options. SONTAYA, a Southeast Asian glass-walled pavilion restaurant and TURQUIZ, a beach front seafood restaurant complete the exquisite dining opportunities at the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort. The MANHATTAN LOUNGE and THE DRAWING ROOM provide venues for relaxing and light snacks and beverages.
St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort also features region’s first Iridium Spa with 12 treatment rooms and individually-themed Spa Suites.
The St Regis signature Butler Service together with the exquisite, personalised service is at the heart of the experience at the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.
For more information on the property, please visit www.stregis.com/saadiyatisland
The Human Resources team at St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort is looking for strong Assistant Director of HR to join their team of 14. The first St. Regis in Middle-East has been open for little over a month and has an overall headcount of +650 staff. The human resources team is on a look out for experienced HR professional who will uphold the resort’s goal for being the Happiest Hotel in Middle-East.
Assistant Director of HR deputises for the DHR in all aspects of the function when required. This includes, but is not limited to, employee welfare, recruitment and staffing, communication with staff and contractors/suppliers, accommodation, visa processing as well as flight and payroll processing. In addition the Asst DHR is required to contribute to the overall HR strategy with innovative and sustainable ideas for continuous improvement of the HR function within the hotel.
Below is a short summary of the main goals – for further information, please contact Director of Human Resources on email firstname.lastname@example.org
• To provide a proactive and supportive Human Resources service, upholding the St Regis Saadiyat goals of GEI, StarVoice and GOP.
• To assist in managing the HR Department team of 14.
• To provide helpful and timely assistance and help to all staff of the resort.
• To maintain an ‘open door’ policy in HR and be personally available to all staff for work / personal queries and suggestions.
• To provide an advice service to both managers and staff on HR policy, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary. Be the go-to person for all HODs in relation to employment relations cases and take a strong lead in ensuring that the hotel’s disciplinary process is fairly followed at all times.
• To supervise payroll coordinator and HR administrator to ensure all staff starting, change and termination information is accurately completed, entered into the system and communicated to Finance.
• Ensure that Staff Handbook and other HR documentation (Master Staffing list, etc) are updated and maintained according to the internal standards.
• Be an expert on Starwood One( Starwood’s internal website) and promote usage within the resort.
• Assist in creating monthly labour turnover report, quarterly HR report and any other reporting requirements together with the DHR.
• Assist Director of HR, and Executive Committee team to implement effective organisational structures which reflect the properties’ business goals.
• Passion for service industry and HR
• At least 3 years supervisory/managerial experience, in HR or in Operations
• Experience in managing multinational teams / working in HR in multinational organisations
• Outstanding communication skills and personal presentation
• Previous Starwood experience is highly desired due to the set-up of the department
• Understanding of the UAE labour law would be an asset, but not necessary. However, previous experience working with employment relations is a basic requirement in order to be a success in this role
• Strong coaching ability and previous experience in training management team
• Ability to relate to all levels of staff