This job is no longer available
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
We are currently searching for Audio/Visual Managers to join our team. This position manages all Audio/Visual (A/V) equipment and personnel. The Audio/Visual Manager is responsible for the usage and operational maintenance of all audio/visual equipment, and the general operations of this equipment for performances by entertainers, as well as all programmed activities by the entertainment staff.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must have at least two years experience as an Audio-Visual Manager in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, entertainment or recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Production Manager), the job performance of the Audio-Visual operators.
- Provides technical management for shows and activities.
- Supervises and coordinates all striking of poolside equipment.
- Conducts weekly meetings with the Audio-Visual Team.
- Supervises and coordinates the Audio-Visual Team's daily schedules.
- Acts as audio-visual troubleshooter to help solve any equipment or stage problems and informs the appropriate onboard Engineering personnel.
Reports any equipment in need of repair or replacement to the Production Manager, Cruise Director, Hotel Director, Onboard Engineering Personnel and other members of the ship's management as appropriate.
- Designs or oversees the design of lighting, sound, and stage effects for Featured Entertainers.
This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Minimum of two years experience as an Audio-Visual Manager in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, entertainment or recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Coursework in theater technical management at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent, or equivalent technical experience, preferred.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.