Waiter/ess - In Room Dining - Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is a contemporary 5-star business hotel. Scheduled to open Autumn 2011, it features 292 guest rooms and 27 meeting rooms set on beautiful leafy grounds. The hotel is minutes from the Deira business district, world class shopping malls, flood-lit golf courses and Dubai International airport. The hotel is superbly located in a renowned sports and leisure complex featuring the Dubai tennis stadium, home to the ATP tennis championships. Set alongside is the ‘Irish Village' and ‘Century Village' which together offer 15 dining options that are casual and relaxed.About The Role
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation and proper table set up.
- Follow the opening/closing procedure.
- Should know his/her side duties assigned by the OM/AOM/TL.
- Should inform the OM/AOM/TL any matters or problem with related to guest satisfaction.
- To ensure that all mis- en place is ready for smooth function of the restaurant.
- Know the menu contents, daily specials, unavailable items.
- To ensure that all service is followed according to the sequence of service.
- To ensure that all working area is kept clean following the Hygiene standards.
- To ensure food and beverage orders are delivered as per the standards of Jumeirah Creekside.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests by maintaining positive guest relation at all times.
- Handles all complaints following the instant as per guest complain handling procedures.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- To assist in carrying out inventories of operating equipment and linen as per schedule.
- To perform other assigned duties as and when required by the outlet managers and supervisors.
- Adhere to all payments, cash handling and credit policies/procedures. .
- To be ready to work willingly to any assignment given.
- Successful completion of training requirement.
- All pre opening tasks and responsibilities as per pre opening plan but not limited to pre opening plan - if applicable.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team including assistance for large events or hotel functions.
The Ideal Applicant will be:
- High School, and Advanced English - spoken and written
- Good wine/beverage knowledge
- Should have over one year experience in similar position
- Should be fully comfortable with computers and understand a large F&B operation - guest focused and friendly/ polite manner
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
- 2 year minimum experience working in a multi cultural / 4-5 star hotel environment.
- Cashiering systems ( Micros, HSI, others) and Presentation skills
- Ability to pass proficiency test exams provided by the Department