This job is no longer available
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day operation of the resort’s 3 main restaurants (main, grill and fusion, catering for the guests of the 45 luxurious villas and suites.
The role will include the following responsibilities and duties:
• To support and directly assist the Executive Chef in the resort’s daily food operation
• To take full responsibility of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• To work with the Executive Chef on food production, promotion and quality improvement.
• To ensure the highest standards of hygiene, health and safety in all kitchens.
• To create high quality and creative food that inspires and delights the resort’s demanding guests.
• To provide hands on training to the frontline teams whenever necessary.
• To control the food stock and cost.
• To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
• To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
• To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
• To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the resort.
The successful candidate will be:
• Single as the location is not ideal for partners and families
• Must be of European origin
• Must have European quality restaurant kitchen experience (Michelin Star or at least 3 Rosettes standard)
• Have at least 2 year’s experience at a Sous or Junior Sous Chef level
• Be an excellent leader, able to carry out hands on training with exceptional passion and patience
• Be creative and able to make use of the fabulous local ingredients.
• Be flexible and ready to be involved in all aspects of the operation from cooking for private villa dinner parties to beach barbeques.
You can expect to receive:
• Salary - US$3,000 plus service charge which equates to approximately US$500 per month
• 34 Days annual leave (30 days plus 4 off days)
• Annual leave air tickets
• 8 Days Rest & Recreation (7 days plus 1 day off) - you have the ability to add more days to this should you wish to take longer.
• An allowance of US$500 is given towards R&R air tickets.
• 10 Public Holidays per year
• $50.00 Stores Allowance
• Single accommodation
• Medical Insurance except for Optical and Dental
To apply for this position, please send a Word version copy of your CV, including a head and shoulders photo and details of your current notice period to email@example.com.