This job is no longer available
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
Celebrity Cruises currently requires Second Cook to join our team!
The incumbent will receive on the job training in the various tasks involved in the pantry production.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have a minimum of three years experience in a hotel, resort or cruise ship food preparation area.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises' Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
- Works with the Cook Pantry or the Buffet person in the pantry salad, pantry appetizer or specialty galley. Assignments can be changed from time to time for training purposes.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and utensils, following the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times.
- Will be assigned from time to time in an early standby in the pantry for USPH purposes.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship's standard operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a hotel, resort or cruise ship food preparation area.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.