This job is no longer available
Primary Objective of the Position
Ultimately responsible for ensuring a smooth operation of the Provisions area, following Regent Seven Seas Cruises policies and procedures consistently and effectively.
Key Performance Indicators
• Full compliance with USPH regulations,
• Adequate inventory by controlling requisition and disbursement,
• Accurate inventory records,
• Accurate requisitions (orders) based on past consumption history and future guest count,
• Consistent and accurate postings, creating a zero level of error due to poor postings,
• Proven understanding of all systems used within the department and of the importance of following Regent Seven Seas Cruises processes and procedures,
• Proven leadership and communication skills,
• True ambassador of Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Service Anchors,
Areas of Accountability
o Maintaining current consumption records of food, beverage, equipment and general supply items, ensuring that the automated inventory system is kept up to date and posting of all supply issues to the inventory system on a daily basis,
o Liaising with the Regent Seven Seas Cruises Purchasing Department to ensure that the vessel is supplied with all requested goods:
• Generates requisitions (orders) in accordance with the storing plan set up by Regent Seven Seas Cruises,
• Checks status of backordered goods,
• Physically receives all Hotel Stores on board,
• Communicates any quantity variances, quality issues and general supplier services to Regent Seven Seas Cruises purchasing department,
• Generates storing reports.
o Maintains accurate records of available inventory by controlling the stocking and disbursal of supply items:
• Ensures that purchased supplies are received in accordance with order and quality standards set by the company,
• Verifying receipt and quality of goods and maintains detailed records of goods delivered to the vessel,
• Verifies accuracy of invoices as goods are delivered,
• Ensures that all goods withdrawn from inventory have been properly requisitioned,
• Prepares food supplies to galley based on schedule agreed upon,
• Conducts inventory spot checks and complete physical inventories, as set by company policy, to ensure that all food and beverage records are accurate,
• Completes and compiles cost control reports,
• Ensures proper documentation when spoilage occurs,
• Communicates to the Food and Beverage Manager the condition of store rooms.
o Ensures long shelf life by storing goods in accordance with Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ policies and procedures:
• Fills requisitions with goods in accordance to a first in/first out (FIFO) system,
• Monitors and Logs temperatures in store rooms by checking refrigerator temperature regularly,
• Maintains cleanliness of all storage areas in accordance with Policy, procedures and current legislation.
To ensure full compliance with USPH regulations by:
o Ensuring that items are stored in accordance with Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Public Health regulations by:
• Storing fresh vegetables and fruit cases broken open to ensure maximum longevity,
• Preparing storeroom prior to arrival in each port for new stock,
• Cleaning storeroom prior to arrival of new stock,
• Verifying a daily temperature log of the storerooms,
• Making sure that all storerooms are locked at all times.
o Assuring the adherence to Regent Seven Seas Cruises and USPH standards in the provisions area, freezers, storage rooms, loading areas, etc,
o Assuring proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are present, inspects operational areas on a regular basis ensuring USPH standards are met consistently and at all times,
o Maintains all Provisions equipment:;
Ensures that a daily log is maintained of refrigerator temperatures. Reports discrepancies to appropriate persons,
Ensures machines are sanitized on a regular basis and logs kept,
Ensures Equipment is in good order reporting to the Engine Department any repairs required,
Supervises proper cleaning of all Provision areas,
o Training, supervising and applying corrective actions in regards to Public Health programs within the department,
o Guaranteeing the safety of all crewmembers by providing:
tools and utensils in working conditions,
protective clothing and equipment when necessary,
training and guidance on how to use and keep them;
to effectively perform their jobs.
To maximize departmental resources to achieve an efficient operation by:
o Conducting performance appraisals, monitoring and reviewing of individual performances, setting objectives, following up, identifying skills shortages and providing feedback, reporting also any personnel issue to be solved in liaison with the HR Manager (i.e. staff planning, skills shortages, service standards and other training).